Saturday, August 04, 2007

Memories of trying to buy a Haro dirtbike.

In great anticipation **cough cough** of my friend Solomon's latest film release about rival packs of wolves in Skinwalkers, I slipped into the press junket yesterday and caught up with my old grade school friend that stars in the movie. It was like old home week for about half an hour.

The conversation ranged from me trying to buy his old Haro dirtbike to stories of my parents and sister and a recollection of private school. For a second, Hollywood seemed to disappear and life snuck in. Two roads diverged...and look at how far we've come.

Then life came to a grinding halt and reality caught up as the PR exec whisked me away. The experience left me in a precarious space between my ears.

Then the phone began ringing. I swear that thing's been glued to my head for far too long. Yet it never stops. Life never ceases, especially out here. Very few lazy Sundays, brunches, sunset walks by the beach. I live 20 minutes from the beach. The last time I was there I think; May. Sad. Truly. What fills the time?

2 hours waiting in line to see a film last night. But well worth it. In a summer of mindless crap, last night's was a welcome entry. It sparked the passion again. The business side seems to have disappeared and the desire to create has been born once more.

We've all chosen our posture in life. The question remains; who is embracing their choices?

A lot of heartbreak and pain seems to plague our society and minds. We seem to have adopted the pointing mentality. This happened because... but do we look inward enough? The old proverb is true, we are our own worst enemy. But a wise soul once told me;

Jack, you bend your reality by the way you smile.

Word.

No comments: