Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2007: A Myspace Odyssey & my stealth white car.

"Dude, your car's stealth."

"What?"

"Your car's invisble to cops and parking enforcement because it's white."

My friend went onto explain the potential invisibility that my car has as it circumvents the road rage of Los Angeles. Apparently cars that are black, silver, & red are prime targets on the road. People in white cars are invisible.

Great. I'm invisible.

Moving on. Myspace. Interesting place. I got an odd friend request the other day from a profile dubbed Spicy Grandma. I laughed a little and began going through the profile. All industry people. One stuck out...Sam Lockwood. Lockwood, Lockwood, Lockwood...the name rang a bell.

I bit and clicked. Actress, model, blah blah blah. Six-thousand some odd friends and counting. Fake page I thought..then I got an email from her. Back and forth a few times, and finally I asked about her name because it was sooooo familiar.

"My dad's Gary Lockwood."

A double dose of no fucking shit rolled from my finger tips. Her response...I swear to God. 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of my all-time favorite films. A classic. If you haven't seen it but pretend that you have, that's okay. Now is the time to really give it a look. Trust the Jack.

Flash forward a couple days later and after several conversations on the tele with Sam, I've been able to secure an interview with her father who's been out of the limelight for a couple years but is still alive and kicking. The link is coming soon--

Towards the end of the interview, I've likened Tom from Myspace to HAL from Space... Sam laughed and said that her father's response would be simply I don't have a computer.

That's Jack's Myspace Odyssey for the day.

No comments: