Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Habit forming: Spinning by moonlight

I've got to say that it's been way too long since I made a post here. After a night of one great dialogue and mint tea with, what I have to admit, is one of the most profoundly beautiful souls I have ever met, her eyes remind me of that quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson "The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul." I can't quite put my finger on it, but losing myself in the discussion of life last eve left me awashed by a calmness I have not drowned in for far too many years. I found myself feeling like I was Robin Williams in Awakenings. The truth is that my eyes have been closed for a long time and now they're open. Guess it was a swift kick in the ass that I needed. Since then I've become inspired to continue what I initially set out to do...

Well, not entirely, but close.

Realizing that we've crossed the threshold of the halfway point of the year, looking back, way back back to the past year, I'm floored with - most everything.

A year of strife mixed with accomplishments, disappointments, joy, pain, happiness and sadness. Would I do it any differently?

No.

Well, maybe I would've handled the lecturing gig at the college a bit different. Lesson learned. Harshly. I probably wouldn't have fallen asleep and let a Slovakian actress drive my ass across the border by mistake either. But then again, it's all about the experience. Oh my, such fond memories of the border patrol, shitty cherries and a three-legged dog!

What else? Too many things to list. I am in the process of not being lazy anymore and have adopted a lifestyle of not holding back. The power of intention seems to be crucial. My father would always preach "Do and mean what you say." Honestly, I never really got what he meant until I found myself not following through on a lot of stuff. Avoidance I guess. We're all guilty of it. Wait, I'll get to that next week...

What about now? The near future? 10 minutes from this very second. This is where the truth lies. Literally and figuratively.

L.A. is the land of cliche and tarnished tinsel. Truth be told. Genuine souls are few and far between. I suggest avoiding people that chew the inside of their cheeks like the plague. They have that look...you know the look? The look of opportunity. The art of being is progressively getting harder to find. Someone should write a song about that...Let it be. !!

I'll be the first to admit that this blog, today's blog offered absolutely nothing and everything about me simulataneously.

There will always be tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments: